Home Categories Info Network

St. Albert Puppy Becomes Ill After Ingesting Joint On Walk: €˜highlights How Toxic It Can Be’

Permalink Report to webmaster

Cannabis

St. Albert puppy becomes ill after ingesting joint on walk: ‘Highlights how toxic it can be’

By Allison Bench Global News

Posted June 29, 2020 2:55 pm    

Updated June 29, 2020 3:31 pm

0:54 St. Albert puppy becomes ill after ingesting marijuana joint on walk

A St. Albert family says their seven-month-old yorkshire-poodle cross puppy picked up a discarded joint butt on a walk and became extremely ill. Smaller font Descrease article font size -A

Larger font Increase article font size A +

A St. Albert family is sharing their story in hopes of warning other dog owners, after their seven-month-old puppy picked up a discarded joint butt on a walk and became extremely ill.

Krysta Wilson said she was walking her yorkshire-poodle cross Pepper near Bertha Kennedy Community School on June 20, when she noticed the dog had picked up something in her mouth.

“She picked up what I thought was a cigarette filter in her mouth, and was chewing on it because she chews on everything,” Wilson said.

“It was probably in there for less than 20 seconds.”

Tweet This

She said even though she removed the butt as quickly as possible, within an hour Pepper started exhibiting symptoms.

“She was wobbling, her feet were going out from under her, she lost all bladder control,” Wilson said. “She was trying to go to the bathroom — she’d just kind of collapse.”

Story continues below advertisement

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/7118953/st-albert-puppy-marijuana-poisoning/

Continue reading

Nobody has rated this post!
Vote now!
Cumulative results: 0 points • Rating: 0.000